ACCBC is seeking nominations for the following positions on the Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California for one, two and three year terms commencing April 30, 2018to March 31, 2021:
1 Board member position for one year term, 3 committee member positions for 1 year terms
Who May Stand for Election?
- A current/active member of addiction treatment or mental health community, possessing a valid addiction treatment counselor certification or a licensed clinician who is no less than 18 years of age, is currently working in profession with a willingness to serve on the Board of Directors.
Who may NOT stand for election?
- Those not working in the profession
Who May Nominate for Election?
- A current/active member may nominate any duly qualified current/active member for election to the Board of Directors:
- Self-nominations are encouraged
- The nomination form must be signed by a nominator.
- Nominators may nominate one candidate only.
- The candidate must sign the nomination form providing consent for the nomination.
How are Directors elected?
- Directors are elected by a majority vote of the ACCBC
- Voting shall be at scheduled annual board meeting (April 20th, 2018).
How do I submit my nomination?
- Fax or email the nomination form and submit the following information:Fax: 562-275-3150 Email: email@example.com
- Signed ACCBC Board Candidate Nomination Form
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Deadline for submission?
- April 17th 2018
- Incomplete applications, applications received after the deadline date/time and those received in a manner other than the online submission form will not be accepted.