Exam Eligibility Application
- If you have earned your certificate of completion from a CAADE approved college program (or equivalent as deemed by the Certification Chair), you are eligible to take the CATC exam.
- If your registration is expired/due for renewal within the next 6 months, include a registration renewal with this application. You will not be approved to test until either your registration is current for a minimum of 6 months or you submit the $100 non- member testing fee.
- The fee for the exam is $135 for each attempt for everyone. The testing fee is payable at a later date directly to Comira once you are approved and before you test.
- Non-members pay an additional $100 non-refundable processing fee payable to CAADE with this application. CAADE MEMBERS SHOULD NOT SEND EXAM PAYMENT WITH THIS APPLICATION.
Once you are approved to take the CATC exam, CAADE will email or phone with the contact information for Comira, the company that facilitates our testing. Comira will collect the testing fee and you will be able to choose a convenient date, time and testing location to take your exam. Comira has nearly 80 testing sites throughout California as well as national locations.
Send in your Application/Approval form and required documents (see form link below). When you are deemed eligible to take the CATC exam, CAADE will email and/or phone with the contact information for Comira, the company that facilitates our testing. Call Comira to arrange a date, time, and location for your exam and pay the exam fee. Comira accepts credit cards and money orders (payment by money order will delay your exam testing date).
In the event a candidate does not pass the exam:
- A 30 day waiting period is required before a retake may be attempted at an additional testing fee, payable to Comira.
- A new application is not needed to retake the exam. Your exam approval lasts for one year.
- After 30 days, simply call Comira and set another appointment to test.