CAADE’s ACCBC is proud to announce specialty credentials to demonstrate your advanced expertise in a given specialty. Check back soon for additional specialties.
Initial CCS Applicant must:
- Hold a valid certification with ACCBC as a Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor (CATC I, II, III, IV, V, N).
- Have earned at least 10,000 total hours of documented and verifiable experience counseling services as an AOD counselor. Hours must be completed in no less than five (5) years and can include no more than 2,080 hours per one (1) calendar year.
- Have earned at least 4,000 hours of documented and verifiable experience specifically in a role as a clinical supervisor or supervisor in training. These 4,000 hours can be considered part of the 10,000 hours noted above.
- Provide documentation verifying completion of no less than 45 hours of CAADE/ACCBC approved CCS training specifically related to the competencies of Clinical Supervision.
- Submit three (3) professional reference letters. Letters may be from a certified clinical supervisor or licensed mental health professional who has at least five (5) years of experience as an addiction treatment professional and who is familiar with your work as a supervisor, or from a professional colleague that you have known for at least one (1) year and who is familiar with your work as a clinical supervisor.
- Sign the Certified Clinical Supervisor/Supervisor in Training Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and Scope of Responsibility Statement.
- Submit completed initial CCS application (email, postal mail, drop off) and the required $175.00 CCS credential fee. CCS credentials are issued for a period of two years and must be renewed at least 30 days prior to expiration date.
The CCS Credential is renewed as follows:
The CCS credential must be renewed every two (2) calendar years.
- Must be a current and valid ACCBC CATC (I-V, N).
- A minimum of five (5) CEU/CEHs (Continuing Education Hours) must be completed every two (2) years between the CCS certification dates. Copies of training certificates must be submitted with the renewal application. CEU/CEH certificates must dated within the last two (2) years, must include the name of counselor, title of training, date received, and amount of CEUs awarded. CEUs must be from an ACCBC approved CEU provider.
- Submit (email, postal mail or drop off) the required CCS renewal application and CCS renewal fees. The fee to renew a CCS credential is $175.00.